Monday, November 16, 2009

Vegan - Ovo Or Lacto Vegetarians

Why would you want to choose the Vegetarian Way?

I'll tell you why, because it is the much healthier option. We were not made to eat meat. If you go back to the dawn of time you will find that man - ADAM - had fruit for food and an apple at that. I wouldn't be surprised if this is why we have that old saying "An Apple A Day, Keeps The Doctor Away". This in itself says a lot. Think about it for a minute - if we were meant to have meat it would have the first thing ADAM & EVE were to eat not fruit.

All in all going back to years of humans having nothing to eat but plant food such as berries and root vegetables we have some how reached a point that humanity believes that they must eat meat in order to survive. My mother for example tells me that we should eat meat - but when she defines meat she is talking red meat - Lamb - Beef - Veal. Chicken or fish just won't cut it for her. She says that she gets the shakes without the red meat.

I seriously believe that people get this way because of years upon years of living this diet, and their bodies become so used to it so when they do get this way because they've missed a day or two of red meat, of course their bodies are feeling it. It is the same as anything - it is what your body becomes accustomed to.

I decided on becoming a part time Vegetarian a few years back. At that point in my life I had not even heard of the word "Vegan". I had not idea what true vegetarianism was let alone what all the other types were. I thought you just don't eat meat and that was that. It took some time, but eventually my body became so used to this way of eating, that when I ate something on the rare occasion, such as meat, my body would do all sorts of horrible things. So it has come to reality that if continually followed this way of eating of the time my body thanked me and I felt a million bucks.



There is however, a lot more to it than that. There are several types of Vegetarians-
Lacto Vegetarians - no animal products except for milk - cheese - yogurt etc

Vegan - To me these guys are the real vegetarians - they eat nothing that is derived from animal what so ever - no cheese no eggs no milk not even honey as this comes from a living creature i guess that is the logic in it.

There is also -

Ovo-Vegetarian- eat nothing that comes from animal except for eggs - no dairy - that is milk, yogurt etc

Vegans vs. other vegetarians.

What ever the case you will find that in the long run the ones who eat less red meat or animal products will feel and look a lot better as they grow old as opposed to their carnivore counterparts.

I don't know about you, but I sure would like to grow old slowly as apposed to get old fast, that's for sure.

Jacquie M Talks about Vegetarianism and the characteristics of the following - Lacto Vegetarian -Ovo Vegetarian - OR The Real Vegetarian - "The Vegan".
Visit the website to get your "Goin All Veggies - A Guide To Becoming A Vegetarian" eBook.

1 comment: